In 2020 AEGEE has launched a new project, called HerMainY, that focuses on Gender Mainstreaming in the field of Communication. This project is funded by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and it is the ideal continuation of the GENDERS project: it addresses youth organisations on the topic of gender mainstreaming and aims to disseminate knowledge on gender mainstreaming and sharing best practices.
The final output of this annual work plan is a handbook of quality and easy-to-use resources on how to implement gender mainstreaming in youth activities. HerMainY aims at providing youth organisations with this handbook and supporting them in the adoption of these practices, with the aim of contributing to the mainstreaming of gender sensitivity in the youth sector.
HerMainY consists of 5 phases:
– A Training for Trainers taking place 2nd-9th March 2020 in Moscow, Russia, that has the aim of equipping youth workers with competences, knowledge and skills necessary to implement gender mainstreaming measures in communication at all levels in local organisations.
– An Action Tour, in collaboration with Europe on Track (a project by AEGEE-Europe supported by Interrail ). 6 ambassadors (trained in Moscow) will travel around Europe on two routes to raise awareness and gather the opinions of young people, in at least 11 different locations, for a total of 500 young people, on SOGI and gender mainstreaming.
– A Dissemination phase, taking place during the Spring and Summer period, when the trainers will travel to at least 9 different youth organisations. There they will train youth workers on the competences necessary to implement gender mainstreaming measures in communication in local organisations, and support them in the implementation thereof.
– The Evaluation phase, in which the project team together with trainers will monitor, evaluate and collect good practices in gender mainstreaming in communication, especially taking into consideration the results of the first three phases.
– The Creation and Dissemination of a Handbook. After the evaluation phase all the people involved in the project will work on the collection of materials and resources, in order to create a handbook of best practices and tools to implement gender mainstreaming in youth organisations. This phase includes online and offline dissemination, and the support on the implementation of these practices for youth workers and their organisations.
Check the Instagram page of Hermainy: https://www.instagram.com/hermainy.aegee/
View this post on Instagram
time to learn! ♀️📝 Yes, participants are packing their stuff and are ready to fly ✈ to Russia 🇷🇺 in a few days, and so we decided to give you (and them) a little glance of the content of this training. What are they going to learn? Well gender mainstreaming of course! 🏳️🌈For sure we will have different sessions ranging from the basic level of knowledge (what is gender mainstreaming , what is sexual orientation and gender identity) to higher levels (how to deliver training on gender mainstreaming and with a gender perspective). A great part of the training focuses on visual and audiovisual communication.📢💻📺 These are the topics on which participants will concentrate: How advertisement is linked to gender? What gender inequalities and bias are displayed in everyday communication? What is gender-blind language? It is possible to make a language more gender-inclusive? Which is the role of stereotypes in communication? 📌 The aim is to work on this topic in order to get a clearer picture of the situation in this field and learn how to improve it! #staytuned to know more about the training🗓 #gendermainstreaming #hermainyprojecteu #eyfcoe This project is co founded by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe. @aegee_europe @europeontrack @alee_visuals @vio.bianch @kirsisyda